Skolkovo Innovation Center was based in 2010 by the Federal Law and aims to create a sustainable ecosystem of entrepreneurship and innovation, engendering a startup culture in Russia and encouraging venture capitalism.
Skolkovo consists of 6 elements:
1. Skolkovo Innovation City
• 400 ha of territory
• 2 500 000 sq.m of buildings
• 25 000 people, to live and work comfortably
• 20 minutes by car to downtown Moscow
Now our City of the future is under construction that will be completed by 2020.
2. Clusters and Startups
The Skolkovo project is split into five research clusters:
1) Strategic computer technologies and software
2) Medicine technologies related to medical equipment and medication development
3) Energy efficiency and conservation
4) Space & telecommunications
5) Nuclear&Radiation and Advanced Manufacturing cluster
Since 2010, Skolkovo has incubated more than 1000 technological startups in these key technology areas. The total revenue of Skolkovo startups has reached 700 million US dollars. Technological projects have attracted approximately 240 million US dollars in private investment. Skolkovo has also created more than 13 000 new high-tech jobs.
3. R&D Centers and Partners
More than 50 of the world’s most successful corporations, including Boeing, Cisco Systems, GE, Johnson & Johnson, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Siemens, Nokia, Samsung etc. have already realized all the opportunities Skolkovo has to offer, having signed R&D partnership agreements. By 2016, the number of high-tech jobs at the R&D Centers of the key partners is expected to exceed 4,000, with total investment forecast to surpass 1 billion US dollars.
Besides the grant financing of innovative companies Skolkovo enable access to private funding. The network of over 70 accredited top-tier Russian and international funds with commitment of 720 million US dollars to be spent on the innovative startups.
5. Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technologies
Skoltech is a new post graduate research University established in collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Destined for 1200 students, Skoltech has 5 key educational programs in line with 5 Skolkovo Technology Clusters and 15 R&D Centers with a broad international partner network.
And the key element of Skolkovo ecosystem is…
6. Skolkovo Technopark
• Technopark Building – 95 240 sqm of area
• 30+ accredited Common use centers: Metrology Research, Prototyping, Biomedical, Evaluation centers etc.
• Unique service infrastructure – 17 services
• SoftLanding Program – 6 months, 3 easy steps
• Consulting Center – about 3000 consultations/month
• 4000 workplaces
• Tax benefits
14% social tax
0% income tax
0% property tax
0% customs tariffs
More information can be found on the Skolkovo website – Sk.ru